Article Summary:Are you living the life of your dreams? If not not, here are some tips for changing your life.
Let me ask you a question. Are you where you want to be at this point in your life? I am referring to all aspects of your life … happiness, health, success, financial, relationships and attitude. You may say yes to some … I’m on track and no to others … I am totally de-railed there.
What you have at the moment, you’ve attracted to you by the person you have become.
You are responsible and not your circumstances for where you are in your life. It’s not your financial situation, your upbringing, your love life or anything else that you bring to the table. It’s how you choose to see your world and the subsequent choices that you make every day. How you choose to spend your time, what you choose to focus on, what you choose to put in your mouth, the friends and acquaintances that you surround yourself with.
We work perfectly to produce the results that we achieve. If you want different results, simply change how you see things, change your mind, change your thinking.
Some advice on changing direction:
1. Quite literally engage life… absorb everything, be curious, seize each day, notice and respond to everything that happens. This is where your ideas, future projects and your personal opinions and philosophy come from.
2. Ask yourself each day, what did I learn, how did I make a difference for someone else today?
3. Establish a set of disciplines that will give you the self-esteem and energy to act on your ideas. These disciplines can be in the area of self-care i.e. exercising, sleeping and eating habits, to communication and relationships, to how you spend your spare time, to what you think about.
4. Drama, drama, drama! Don’t major in minor things … they rob you of the energy and will to act on the things that are really important to you. Get rid of all of the toxins.
5. Get out of your own way … learn to spot where you sabotage yourself. I came across a great definition of failure the other day, “failure is a few errors in judgement repeated everyday. I don’t believe in failure … it’s only feedback. Think of the process as a ladder, learn from the feedback - move up a rung.
6. Learn to work harder on yourself than you do on anything else; read, listen to tapes, journal, have meaningful conversations, never stop learning.
7. Bring something extra to everything you do, whether it is bringing a positive attitude to your job, giving a little extra on a project, or going out of your way for someone else.
8. Lastly have faith! I believe in ‘ask and you shall receive’ or to paraphrase Mick Jagger, ‘you don’t always get what you want, but you get what you need’. Determine what you want, ask for it, and trust that you will get what you need. Stand back and watch what happens … it’s always interesting!
Where am I on this continuing ladder? Like you I am forever a student, some rungs I’ve mastered and other’s I’m still working on. The key is to never stop trying to be all that you can be each and every minute of the day. Never stop climbing.
Lesley Cordero's mission is to significantly change people's lives by helping them to 'see things differently'. Cordero Consulting offers personal growth solutions in the form of workshops, keynote presentations, and Internet information resources. As a professional speaker, she has designed and delivered workshops, and keynote presentations to thousands of people internationally. Lesley has a background in education, is a trainer in Personality Type Indicators (True Colours, Personality Dimensions), a Master Practitioner in NLP (Neuro-linguistic Programming) and a Process Consultant. Subscribe to her free ezine "Deep Linking" at www.LesleyCordero.com and begin to connect with what is really important in your life. Are you ready to 'see things differently?'®