Article Summary:Positive affirmations can change your life.
Affirmations shouldn't be wishlists, but developed and used with a sense of energy and enthusiasm about them. Make a commitment to using affirmations consistently and effectively to build your self esteem and confidence.
Affirmations are incredibly powerful tools for building self esteem and confidence as well as overall personal development and self growth. When you want to make changes in your life, the words and thoughts you say to yourself are very important.
Affirmations can be used to create any desired conditions in your life; whether that be more fulfilling personal relationships, more self esteem and confidence, greater prosperity, vibrant health and so on.
Affirmations are the seeds you plant in your mind for positive change to occur. Continued use of affirmations are the water you use to move towards making positive changes. Consistent use of affirmation are very important.
In fact you may already be using affirmations unconsciously, but in a negative way. So you can reverse the situation and start planting positive seeds of change by developing more positive thinking activities.
Here are some tips on positive affirmations:
- Ensure that the affirmations are in the here and now, not in the past or future
- Only affirm what you want ("I have loving, fulfilling relationships")
- Use the first person ("I" ) to keep it personal
- Affirmations should always be in the positive ('"I have an abundant and rich life, with more than enough money for my desires and needs" and not "I don't want to be poor"
- Practice 1-2 affirmations consistently for what you most want in life and give yourself time for the habit to become part of your regular routine before you start using more affirmations
- As you start to use affirmations consistently and regularly, you may find that all sorts of negative feelings crop up. It may feel uncomfortable, but this is a sign that the affirmations are working! You are stirring the pot of hidden, negative thoughts in your subconscious and they' re putting up a fight! Give vent to these thoughts: speak to someone, write it down in a journal or seek professional advice and guidance.
Further tips on making positive affirmations work for you.
- Write down the affirmation and put it in a prominent place in your home where you'll see it every day - computer, purse/wallet, bathroom, bedroom
- Sing the affirmation in the shower!
- Write it down 20 - 50 in your diary/journal
- Say it to yourself every morning and evening
- Draw the affirmations using colourful pencils, paints
- Record yourself saying these affirmations and play the tape to yourself every morning and evening for at least 21 days
- Use self help quotes, inspirational and motivational sayings to assist you in your positive thinking activities.
Here are some self esteem affirmations:
So, if you want to build your self esteem and confidence, better health, more fulfilling personal relationships, greater prosperity and abundance, begin within and start affirming!
Julie Plenty is a Personal and Business Coach who helps self employed creative professionals develop a strong personal foundation and therefore increase the success of their business. Her goal is to help you live a fulfilled, enriched life. For more self growth articles, resources and free ecards, visit: www.self-help-personal-development.com.