Article Summary:Tips for handling the hot summer weather at Walt Disney World.
It's summer and the heat is on in Walt Disney World. Here are some tips to make your vacation a bit cooler.
- Take a break from the theme parks and spend a day by one of Disney's fantastic resort pools. What better way to cool off in the summer heat.
- Shop till you drop in the air conditioned shops and restaurants at Downtown Disney. Pick up all your souvenirs at the newly remodeled World of Disney, the largest Disney store anywhere.
- Splish splash the day away at one of Disney's unique water parks. Typhoon Lagoon is a beauty with a pool boasting some of the tallest simulated waves in the world. Or if you're a daredevil at heart head to Blizzard Beach with its wild, rushing water and death-defying slides.
- Snag a bass on a fishing excursion. Pontoon boats with experienced guides depart from the resort marinas to fish the waters of Bay Lake, the Seven Seas Lagoon, Lake Buena Vista, and the Sassagoula River. No fishing license is required and it's strictly catch and release.
- Hit the water at the Contemporary Resort where Sammy Duval Water Sports offers parasailing, water-ski, tubing, and personal watercraft action. It's the kick of a lifetime!
- Catch a wave at Typhoon Lagoon with Cocoa Beach Surfing School. Learn to surf in the super wave pool before park opening hours on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday.
- Take a spin on one of Disney's waterways. With 850 acres of lakes, 130 feet of shoreline, 66 miles of canals, and over 500 watercraft, boating is a major pastime at Walt Disney World. Most resorts as well as Downtown Disney have their own marina with a variety of boats available for hire including Boston Whaler Montauks, pontoon boats, sailboats, Sea Raycers, even a luxury yacht.
- Cool off in the mountains of the Himalayans. Expedition Everest, the Animal Kingdom's newest attraction, involves out-of-control railcars that race forward and backward, sending Disney's Animal Kingdom guests swooping into the unknown to brave twists, turns and drops inside and outside a mighty mountain. It all leads to an unforgettable encounter with the yeti.